How to get same or first day of next month based on given date in Excel?
This article is talking about getting same day or first day of next month based on given date in Excel. Please do as follows.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following formula can help you to get same day of next month based on given date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the result, then enter formula =EDATE(A2,1) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: in the formula, A2 is the date cell you need to get same day of next month based on.
2. Keep selecting the result cell, then drag the Fill Handle down until all results populating.
3. Now you need to custom the result cells as date format. Keep selecting all the results, click the Number Format box, and then click Short Date from the drop-down list under the Home tab.
Note: For some special date such as 2016/10/31, you will get the result as “2016/11/30” with above formula. Actually, date 2016/10/31 does not exist in October. If you really want to get the same date of next month based on date 2016/10/31, please use this formula =IF(DAY(EDATE(A2,1))<DAY(A2),NA(),EDATE(A2,1)) to get it down as below screenshot shown.
And you will get a #N/A error if the date does not exist in that month.
For getting the first day of next month based on given date in Excel, the following formula can help you.
Select a blank cell, enter formula =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,1) into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. Then use the Fill Handle to get the rest dates. See screenshot.