How to sort values after applying Subtotal in Excel?
In Excel, sorting values in ascending order is usually used, and the Subtotal function is also used widely in our daily Excel working. However, have you ever tried to sort the totals after applying Subtotal function? In this article, I will tell you a method on sorting values after Subtotal in Excel steps by steps.
Sort after subtotal
Sort after subtotal
To sort after subtotal, you just need to do as these:
1. Select the data that you want to subtotal, and then click Data > Subtotal. See screenshot:
2. In the Subtotal dialog, check the column you want to subtotal to, see screenshot:
3. Click OK, and the data has been subtotaled.
4. Click 2 in the Subtotal to toggle the data as below screenshot shown:
5. Select the values you want to sort except Grand Total, and click Data tab, and select the sorting order as you need. See screenshot:
6. Then in the Sort Warning dialog, check Expand the selection option. See screenshot:
7. Click Sort. Now the values in Subtotal have been sorted.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!