How to sort values after applying Subtotal in Excel?
In Excel, sorting values in ascending order is usually used, and the Subtotal function is also used widely in our daily Excel working. However, have you ever tried to sort the totals after applying Subtotal function? In this article, I will tell you a method on sorting values after Subtotal in Excel steps by steps.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To sort after subtotal, you just need to do as these:
1. Select the data that you want to subtotal, and then click Data > Subtotal. See screenshot:
2. In the Subtotal dialog, check the column you want to subtotal to, see screenshot:
3. Click OK, and the data has been subtotaled.
4. Click 2 in the Subtotal to toggle the data as below screenshot shown:
5. Select the values you want to sort except Grand Total, and click Data tab, and select the sorting order as you need. See screenshot:
6. Then in the Sort Warning dialog, check Expand the selection option. See screenshot:
7. Click Sort. Now the values in Subtotal have been sorted.