How to sort values after applying Subtotal in Excel?
In Excel, sorting values in ascending order is usually used, and the Subtotal function is also used widely in our daily Excel working. However, have you ever tried to sort the totals after applying Subtotal function? In this article, I will tell you a method on sorting values after Subtotal in Excel steps by steps.
To sort after subtotal, you just need to do as these:
1. Select the data that you want to subtotal, and then click Data > Subtotal. See screenshot:
2. In the Subtotal dialog, check the column you want to subtotal to, see screenshot:
3. Click OK, and the data has been subtotaled.
4. Click 2 in the Subtotal to toggle the data as below screenshot shown:
5. Select the values you want to sort except Grand Total, and click Data tab, and select the sorting order as you need. See screenshot:
6. Then in the Sort Warning dialog, check Expand the selection option. See screenshot:
7. Click Sort. Now the values in Subtotal have been sorted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!