How to copy column based on cell value to another sheet?
Supposing you have a range of data in Sheet 1, and each column header is a date, and now you want to copy the whole column from Sheet 1 to Sheet 3 based on the date in Cell A1 of Sheet 2 as below screenshot shown. In this tutorial, I will introduce a trick on solving this job in Excel.
Here is an lNDEX formula in Excel can help you to quickly extract the column data to another sheet based on a cell value.
1. Select a blank cell which you want to place the extracted column, for instance, Cell A1 in Sheet 3, and then enter this formula =INDEX(Sheet1!$A1:$E1,MATCH(Sheet2!$A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$E$1,0)) and press Enter key to extract the first data, then drag auto fill handle down to until zero appears. See screenshot:
2. Then remove the zero cells as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!