How to remove leading zeros before decimal point in Excel?
For instances, here is a list of decimal numbers, and your job is to remove the leading zeros before the decimal point as below screenshot shown. You can delete the zeros one by one, but if there are hundreds of numbers needed to delete leading zeros, how can you quickly get this job done in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, if you want to remove the leading zeros before decimal point, you can apply the Format Cells function.
1. Select the numbers you want to remove the leading zeros before decimal point, and right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Custom from the Category list, and enter .00 into the Type textbox in the right section. See screenshot:
Note: .00 indicates to retain two numbers after decimal point, you can change it to .000 or .0000 as you need.
3. Click OK. Now the leading zeros before decimal point have been from the selected numbers.
But most of the times, you may want to remove the leading zeros from texts as below screenshot shown, have you any quickly tricks to solve it?
Here I introduce a handy add in tool – Kutools for Excel, with its Remove Leading Zeros utility, you can remove leading zeros form texts by a click.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the texts you want to remove the leading zeros from, and click Kutools > Text > Remove Leading Zeros. See screenshot:
Then a dialog pops out to remind you the number of cells which have been removed leading zeros, click OK to close the dialog, then the leading zeros have been remove from selected texts.