How to remove leading zeros before decimal point in Excel?
For instances, here is a list of decimal numbers, and your job is to remove the leading zeros before the decimal point as below screenshot shown. You can delete the zeros one by one, but if there are hundreds of numbers needed to delete leading zeros, how can you quickly get this job done in Excel?
In Excel, if you want to remove the leading zeros before decimal point, you can apply the Format Cells function.
1. Select the numbers you want to remove the leading zeros before decimal point, and right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Custom from the Category list, and enter .00 into the Type textbox in the right section. See screenshot:
Note: .00 indicates to retain two numbers after decimal point, you can change it to .000 or .0000 as you need.
3. Click OK. Now the leading zeros before decimal point have been from the selected numbers.
But most of the times, you may want to remove the leading zeros from texts as below screenshot shown, have you any quickly tricks to solve it?
Here I introduce a handy add in tool – Kutools for Excel, with its Remove Leading Zeros utility, you can remove leading zeros form texts by a click.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the texts you want to remove the leading zeros from, and click Kutools > Text > Remove Leading Zeros. See screenshot:
Then a dialog pops out to remind you the number of cells which have been removed leading zeros, click OK to close the dialog, then the leading zeros have been remove from selected texts.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!