How to copy data from protected sheet?
Supposing, you receive an Excel file from another person which with worksheets are protected by the user, now, you want to copy and paste the raw data to another new workbook. But the data in the protected sheet is not able to be selected and copied because of the user uncheck the Select locked cells and Select unlocked cells options when protecting the worksheet. This article, I will introduce some quick tricks for solving this task in Excel.
The following simple code can help you to copy data in active protected sheet, please do as this:
1. Activate the protected sheet which you want to copy the data from, and then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, then press Ctrl + G Keys to open the Immediate window, and then copy the below script code into the Immediate window:
2. And press Enter key, then you should press Ctrl + C to copy the sheet data, and then activate other workbook or a new worksheet where you wish to paste this sheet, and place the cursor in cell A1, and then hold Ctrl + V to paste it.
If you need to copy a specific range of data from the protect sheet, you can apply the Name Box to finish this job.
1. Input the cell range (D2:H13) into the Name Box directly, and press Enter key, see screenshot:
2. After pressing Enter key, nothing happens apparently. Please don’t do anything, just press Ctrl + C to copy the specific range, then you can see the data in the range D2:H13 has been surrounded by the dotted line, see screenshot:
3. Then press Ctrl + V to paste it to another worksheet where you want to copy the data.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!