How to copy data from protected sheet?
Supposing, you receive an Excel file from another person which with worksheets are protected by the user, now, you want to copy and paste the raw data to another new workbook. But the data in the protected sheet is not able to be selected and copied because of the user uncheck the Select locked cells and Select unlocked cells options when protecting the worksheet. This article, I will introduce some quick tricks for solving this task in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following simple code can help you to copy data in active protected sheet, please do as this:
1. Activate the protected sheet which you want to copy the data from, and then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, then press Ctrl + G Keys to open the Immediate window, and then copy the below script code into the Immediate window:
2. And press Enter key, then you should press Ctrl + C to copy the sheet data, and then activate other workbook or a new worksheet where you wish to paste this sheet, and place the cursor in cell A1, and then hold Ctrl + V to paste it.
If you need to copy a specific range of data from the protect sheet, you can apply the Name Box to finish this job.
1. Input the cell range (D2:H13) into the Name Box directly, and press Enter key, see screenshot:
2. After pressing Enter key, nothing happens apparently. Please don’t do anything, just press Ctrl + C to copy the specific range, then you can see the data in the range D2:H13 has been surrounded by the dotted line, see screenshot:
3. Then press Ctrl + V to paste it to another worksheet where you want to copy the data.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 days ago¿PUEDE PROTEGERSE UN ARCHIVO PARA QUE OTRO USUARIO NO PUEDA VER FORMULAS, MODIFICAR, CAMBIAR DATOS, Y QUE NO PUEDAN DESACTIVAR LA PROTECCIÓN....
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 14 days agoFinally, just what I needed, thank you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThanks a lot! I learnt new tricks :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoThanks, a great help indeed.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoThanks - just what I needed
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoGreat help ... thanks
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agothanks a lot for the tricks, this helped me a lot :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks a lot dear, your trick are good. it made my work simpler
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoamazing trick
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoYou're bigger than Jesus! Thank you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agogenius, thanks!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWONDERFULL TRICK!!!! .