How to insert or delete rows in protected sheet?
As we all known, when a worksheet is protected, we are unable to make any changes to locked cells, for example, we can’t insert or delete rows from the protected sheet. Are there any good methods for us to insert or delete rows in a protected sheet?
Please do the following step by step to finish this job in Excel.
1. Select the entire rows that you want to allow inserting or deleting rows, and right click, then choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked section to unlock the selected cells, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close this dialog, and then click Review > Protect Sheet to protect the sheet, see screenshot:
4. And in the Protect Sheet dialog box, in the Allow all users of this worksheet to list box, please check Insert rows and Delete rows, and then enter and confirm the password, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK to close the dialogs, and now, the worksheet has been protected, but, you can insert or delete the rows within the selected rows you specified, see screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThe first example actually does not work as described. I have unlocked entire rows and then protected sheet as described, but it still does not allow me to delete a row
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWhat you're actually doing here is unlocking all the cells so protecting the worksheet has no practical use. This therefore isn't the answer to the problem.