How to insert or delete rows in protected sheet?
As we all known, when a worksheet is protected, we are unable to make any changes to locked cells, for example, we can’t insert or delete rows from the protected sheet. Are there any good methods for us to insert or delete rows in a protected sheet?
Please do the following step by step to finish this job in Excel.
1. Select the entire rows that you want to allow inserting or deleting rows, and right click, then choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked section to unlock the selected cells, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close this dialog, and then click Review > Protect Sheet to protect the sheet, see screenshot:
4. And in the Protect Sheet dialog box, in the Allow all users of this worksheet to list box, please check Insert rows and Delete rows, and then enter and confirm the password, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK to close the dialogs, and now, the worksheet has been protected, but, you can insert or delete the rows within the selected rows you specified, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!