How to quickly convert date format between European and US in Excel?
If you work in an international company, you will receive sheets from different counties every day which may record dates with different date formats. For example, the European counties record dates in the date format dd/mm/yyyy, while US record dates in the date format mm/dd/yyyy. In this case, how can you quickly convert the date format between European countries and US in Excel?
If the dates in the sheet you have received are formatted as texts, you can apply a formula to convert the dates from European to US.
Select a blank cell that you want to put the converted result at, enter this formula =DATE(VALUE(RIGHT(C2,4)), VALUE(MID(C2,4,2)), VALUE(LEFT(C2,2))), drag fill handle down to apply this formula to the cells. Then the dates of European countries have been converted to the date format of US. See screenshot:
In the formula, C2 is the date you want to convert from European texted date to US date.
If the dates you received are formatted as European or US dates, you can apply Format Cells function to quickly handle the conversion between European and US countries.
1. Select the dates you want to convert, and right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, and click Date form the Category list, and choose English(United States) from the Locale (location) drop down list, and go to the Type list to choose one date forma as you need.
3. Click OK. Now the European dates have been converted to US dates.
Easily add days/years/month/hours/minutes/seconds to a datetime in Excel
|Supposing you have a date time format data in a cell, and now you need to add a number of days, years, months, hours, minutes, or seconds to this date. Normally, using formula is the first method for all Excel users, but it’s hard to remember all formulas. With Kutools for Excel’s Date & Time Helper utility, you can easily add days, years, months, or hours, minutes or seconds to a date time, moreover, you can caculate the date difference, or the age based on a given birthday without remembering the formula at all. Click for full-featured free trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!