How to prevent selection of multiple worksheets in Excel?
When accidentally selecting multiple worksheets and editing, all selected worksheets will be covered with the same content. Here we introduce a method for you to prevent selecting multiple worksheets at the same time, so as to avoid same content showing on these worksheets.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to prevent selecting multiple worksheets at the same time.
1. In the worksheet you need to edit, right click the sheet tab and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window of the popping up Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
VBA code: Prevent multiple sheet selection in Excel
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.ScreenUpdating = False On Error GoTo err_handler If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count > 1 Then If ActiveSheet Is Target.Parent Then Application.EnableEvents = False MsgBox "Please don't make changes with multiple sheets selected.", _ vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Application.Undo ActiveSheet.Select End If End If err_handler: Application.EnableEvents = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. When selecting multiple worksheets with current sheet, entering content and press the Enter key, you will get a Kutools for Excel dialog box as below screenshot shown to remind you the selection of multiple worksheets. Please click the OK button.
After clicking the OK button, all selected sheets will be ungrouped immediately.
- How to delete all sheets except specified/current one in Excel?
- How to create new sheets for each row in Excel?
- How to delete worksheet without prompt or warning in Excel?