How to prevent selection of multiple worksheets in Excel?
When accidentally selecting multiple worksheets and editing, all selected worksheets will be covered with the same content. Here we introduce a method for you to prevent selecting multiple worksheets at the same time, so as to avoid same content showing on these worksheets.
Please do as follows to prevent selecting multiple worksheets at the same time.
1. In the worksheet you need to edit, right click the sheet tab and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window of the popping up Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
VBA code: Prevent multiple sheet selection in Excel
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.ScreenUpdating = False On Error GoTo err_handler If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count > 1 Then If ActiveSheet Is Target.Parent Then Application.EnableEvents = False MsgBox "Please don't make changes with multiple sheets selected.", _ vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Application.Undo ActiveSheet.Select End If End If err_handler: Application.EnableEvents = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. When selecting multiple worksheets with current sheet, entering content and press the Enter key, you will get a Kutools for Excel dialog box as below screenshot shown to remind you the selection of multiple worksheets. Please click the OK button.
After clicking the OK button, all selected sheets will be ungrouped immediately.
- How to delete all sheets except specified/current one in Excel?
- How to create new sheets for each row in Excel?
- How to delete worksheet without prompt or warning in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!