How to check if a workbook is saved?
When you open a new workbook, you may forget to save it, it will be annoying if you close the workbook accidentally. But, how could you check if an Excel workbook has been saved?
Checking if a workbook is saved or not, the following VBA code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Check if a workbook is saved or not:
Sub filesaved() 'Updateby Extendoffice 20161109 Dim sLastTime As String On Error GoTo EHandler sLastTime = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("last save time") MsgBox sLastTime, vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Exit Sub EHandler: MsgBox "File not saved", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, you will get the following prompt boxes:
(1.) If the workbook has been saved, a prompt box will pop out to remind you the last saved time of your workbook:
(2.) If the workbook has not been saved, you will get the following prompt box:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!