How to divide one column by another column in Excel?
If there are two column data in a sheet, and you want to divide one column by the other one, except applying the formula =A1/B2 and dragging auto fill handle down until the end of data, is there any tricks to quickly divide one column by another one instead of manual dragging?
To divide one column by another one, you can select the whole column and then enter the formula and use shortcut to quickly solve it.
1. Place the mouse into the column that you want to place the result and select this whole column, and then enter the formula in Formula bar. See screenshot:
2. Then press Ctrl + Enter key to apply this formula to the whole column.
If you want to divide a column values by a given value, supposing to divide column C by number 3, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Operation tool to quickly solve it.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the whole column that you want to divide, and click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Operation dialog, select Division form the Operation list, and enter the number used to divide cells into the textbox in the middle section. See screenshot:
Note: you can check Create formulas and Skip formula cells options as you need.
3. Click Ok, now each cell in the selected column has been divided by the same number 3. See screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoThank you so much. this is such lifesaver. you are an angel, no site telling this stuff. i was getting stressed out.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you!