How to divide one column by another column in Excel?
If there are two column data in a sheet, and you want to divide one column by the other one, except applying the formula =A1/B2 and dragging auto fill handle down until the end of data, is there any tricks to quickly divide one column by another one instead of manual dragging?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To divide one column by another one, you can select the whole column and then enter the formula and use shortcut to quickly solve it.
1. Place the mouse into the column that you want to place the result and select this whole column, and then enter the formula in Formula bar. See screenshot:
2. Then press Ctrl + Enter key to apply this formula to the whole column.
If you want to divide a column values by a given value, supposing to divide column C by number 3, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Operation tool to quickly solve it.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the whole column that you want to divide, and click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Operation dialog, select Division form the Operation list, and enter the number used to divide cells into the textbox in the middle section. See screenshot:
Note: you can check Create formulas and Skip formula cells options as you need.
3. Click Ok, now each cell in the selected column has been divided by the same number 3. See screenshot: