How to divide one column by another column in Excel?
If there are two column data in a sheet, and you want to divide one column by the other one, except applying the formula =A1/B2 and dragging auto fill handle down until the end of data, is there any tricks to quickly divide one column by another one instead of manual dragging?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To divide one column by another one, you can select the whole column and then enter the formula and use shortcut to quickly solve it.
1. Place the mouse into the column that you want to place the result and select this whole column, and then enter the formula in Formula bar. See screenshot:
2. Then press Ctrl + Enter key to apply this formula to the whole column.
If you want to divide a column values by a given value, supposing to divide column C by number 3, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Operation tool to quickly solve it.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the whole column that you want to divide, and click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Operation dialog, select Division form the Operation list, and enter the number used to divide cells into the textbox in the middle section. See screenshot:
Note: you can check Create formulas and Skip formula cells options as you need.
3. Click Ok, now each cell in the selected column has been divided by the same number 3. See screenshot: