How to display blank if sum is zero in Excel?
In Excel, how could you display cell as blank when the sum is 0? In this article, I will talk about some quick tricks for you to deal with this job.
This method can help you to format the summation 0 as blank cell, please do as this:
1. Select the formula cells that the total result are zeros, and then right click to choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Custom from the Category list box under the Number tab, and then enter General;General;;@ into the Type text box, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, all the summation zeros have been displayed as blank cells. See screenshot:
You can use the following formula to display blank cell if the summation is zero instead of applying the Sum function directly, please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =IF(SUM(A1:A3)=0,"",SUM(A1:A3)) into a blank cell where you want to calculate total result, and then drag the fill handle right to apply this formulas to other cells, then you will get blank cells if the summation are zeros, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!