How to find and get the value of first visible cell after filtering in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to get the value of the first visible cell in a filtered list. How to achieve it? This article will show you methods to solve it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can apply the following array formula to get the value of the first visible cell in a filtered list. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for placing the first visible value, then enter formula =INDEX(C2:C19,MIN(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C2,ROW(C2:C19)-ROW(C2),0)),ROW(C2:C19)-ROW(C2)+1))) into the formula bar, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously.
Note: In the formula, C2:C19 is the filtered list that you want to return the first visible cell value, C2 is the first cell of the list. You can change them as you need.
Then you can see the value of first visible cell in the filtered list populated in the selected cell as above screenshot shown.
Besides using the above array formula to get value of first visible cell in a filtered list, you can run the below VBA script to quickly return the first visible cell of a filtered list. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell such as E8 for placing the first visible cell value of a filtered list.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: find and get the value of first visible cell after filtering in Excel
Sub FirstVisibleCell() With Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilter.Range ActiveCell.Value2 = Range("C" & .Offset(1, 0).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)(1).Row).Value2 End With End Sub
Note: In the code, Sheet1 is the sheet name which contains the filtered list. “C” is the column name that you want to get the first visible value from. You can change them as you need.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then the first visible cell of filtered list which locates in column C will be populated into cell E8 immediately.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoCan any one explain that how this formula actually works?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoExcellent Module in VBA, worked perfctly I apreciate this!Thanks a lot for this post!!!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoOlá,
Como faço para saber o número da célula toda vez que realizo o filtro automático no vba via loop?
Por exemplo, ao filtrar o valor 1, retornou as linhas 2, 3 e 4. No próximo loop filtro o valor 2 e retorna as linhas 19, 20, 22.
Como faço para que eu realizar esse filtro eu pegue exatamente o valor da linha atual da linha do filtro e não o valor da primeira linha da planilha?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow to Find And Get The Value Of ten (10) First Visible Cells After subtotal Filtering In Excel?