How to link textbox to multiple cells in Excel?
As we all known, it is easy for us to link a textbox to a specific cell, but, is it possible to link multiple cells to the same textbox? So when you click different cells, the textbox will display different texts. May be, this article can solve this task in Excel.
To link a textbox to multiple cells, the following VBA code can help you, please do as this:
1. First, insert an ActiveX textbox under the Developer tab.
2. Then right click the sheet tab which contains the textbox you want to use, then choose View Code from the context menu, and in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: link textbox to multiple cells:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 3 Then ActiveSheet.TextBox1.Text = Target End Sub
Note: In the above code, the number 3 indicates the column number which your linked cells locate, and Textbox1 is the textbox name you inserted, please change them to your need.
3. Then save and close this code window, now, when you click different cells, the different values will be displayed into the textbox automatically, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!