How to transpose and concatenate cells into one column with delimiter in Excel?
For instance, here are some cells in a range, and what I want is to transpose the cells and then concatenate cells into one column as sentences as below screenshot show. Do you have any tricks to quickly solve this task in Excel?
You can transpose the cells first in a new sheet, and then apply a formula to concatenate them.
1. Select the cells you want to transpose, and press Ctrl + C to copy, and go to a new sheet, right click at B1, and choose Transpose from Paste Options in context menu. See screenshot:
2. In A1 of the new sheet, enter this formula =TRIM(CONCATENATE(B1," ",C1," ",D1," ",E1," ",F1," ",G1," ",H1," ",I1," ",J1," ",K1," ",L1," ",M1," ",N1," ",O1," ",
P1," ",Q1," ",R1," ",S1," ",T1," ",U1," ",V1," ",W1," ",X1," ",Y1," ",Z1," ")), press Enter key, and drag down to fill formula to the cells. See screenshot:
In the formula, B1,C1…are the cells you want to concatenate, and “ “ is the delimiter, you can change them as you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel – a handy powerful add in tool, you can quickly concatenate cells with its Combine feature.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you want to transpose, and press Ctrl + C to copy them, right click at a blank cells that will place the transposed cells, and select Transpose under Paste Options in the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Combine, and in the Combine Columns or Rows dialog, check the options as you need. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and then the cells are concatenated as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!