How to create stacked column chart from a pivot table in Excel?
In this article, I introduce a way about how to create a stacked column chart from a pivot table step by step in Excel, if you are interested in this operation, please follow below for details
|Stacked column chart from range|
|Stacked column chart from pivot table|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Firstly you need to create a pivot table, next format the pivot table, and finally create the stacked column chart and format is as you need.
1. Firstly, you need to arrange and format the data as below screenshot shown:
2. Then select this data range, click Insert > PivotTable to enable Create Pivot Table dialog, specify the location you want to place the pivot table. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now a PivotTable Fields pane is displayed. Then setup Month and Product in the Rows, Region-Product in the Columns, and ProduceValues as you see in below screenshot:
Then the pivot table is created as below screenshot shown:
Then we begin to create a stacked column chart from this pivot table.
4. Select the pivot table, click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart (or Insert Column Chart, or Column)> Stacked Column. See screenshot:
Now the stacked column chart has been created
If you want to hide the field buttons, right click at any field button to select Hide All Field Buttons on Chart. See screenshot: