How to create stacked column chart from a pivot table in Excel?
In this article, I introduce a way about how to create a stacked column chart from a pivot table step by step in Excel, if you are interested in this operation, please follow below for details
|Stacked column chart from range|
|Stacked column chart from pivot table|
Firstly you need to create a pivot table, next format the pivot table, and finally create the stacked column chart and format is as you need.
1. Firstly, you need to arrange and format the data as below screenshot shown:
2. Then select this data range, click Insert > PivotTable to enable Create Pivot Table dialog, specify the location you want to place the pivot table. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now a PivotTable Fields pane is displayed. Then setup Month and Product in the Rows, Region-Product in the Columns, and ProduceValues as you see in below screenshot:
Then the pivot table is created as below screenshot shown:
Then we begin to create a stacked column chart from this pivot table.
4. Select the pivot table, click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart (or Insert Column Chart, or Column)> Stacked Column. See screenshot:
Now the stacked column chart has been created
If you want to hide the field buttons, right click at any field button to select Hide All Field Buttons on Chart. See screenshot:
Advanced Charts Tool
|The Charts Tool in Kutools for Excel provides some usually used but difficult creating charts, which only need to click click click, a standard chart has been created. More and more charts are going to included in Charts Tool.. Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!