How to quickly rank non-continuous range in Excel?
In some cases, you want to rank the cells which are not continuous as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly handle this task in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here I introduce some formulas to quickly rank cells which are not adjacent in Excel.
Copy any one of below formulas, paste to a cell which you want to show the ranking, and then drag auto fill handle down to the cells that needed the formula
You can see only the cells you need have been ranked.
In the formula, D1 is the first cell of the list you want to rank, D2,D4,D8 and D10 are the cells you want to rank.
If there are multiple non continuous ranges needed to rank, the above formulas will be too long to apply, in this case, you can give the ranges a Range Name, and then apply the Rank function.
1. Hold Ctrl key to select all ranges you want to rank, go to the Name box, type a name you want, press Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Then go to the cell you want to place the ranking result, type this formula =RANK(A1,Rank) (A1 is the first cell of the list you want to rank, Rank is the Range Name you specify), fill auto handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula. Now only the cells you need have been ranked.