How to quickly rank non-continuous range in Excel?
In some cases, you want to rank the cells which are not continuous as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly handle this task in Excel?
Here I introduce some formulas to quickly rank cells which are not adjacent in Excel.
Copy any one of below formulas, paste to a cell which you want to show the ranking, and then drag auto fill handle down to the cells that needed the formula
You can see only the cells you need have been ranked.
In the formula, D1 is the first cell of the list you want to rank, D2,D4,D8 and D10 are the cells you want to rank.
If there are multiple non continuous ranges needed to rank, the above formulas will be too long to apply, in this case, you can give the ranges a Range Name, and then apply the Rank function.
1. Hold Ctrl key to select all ranges you want to rank, go to the Name box, type a name you want, press Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Then go to the cell you want to place the ranking result, type this formula =RANK(A1,Rank) (A1 is the first cell of the list you want to rank, Rank is the Range Name you specify), fill auto handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula. Now only the cells you need have been ranked.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!