How to convert a bunch of text URLs to active hyperlinks in Excel?
If you have a list of URL addresses which are plain text, how could you activate theses text URLs to the clickable hyperlinks as following screenshot shown?
To double click the cell to activate the hyperlinks one by one will waste lots of time, here, I can introduce some formulas for you, please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =HYPERLINK(A2, A2) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down to apply this formula to the cells that you want, and all text URLs have been converted to active hyperlinks, see screenshot:
The below VBA code also can help you to solve this task, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Convert a bunch of text URLs to active hyperlinks:
Sub activateHyperlinks() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) For Each Rng In WorkRng Application.ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Rng, Rng.Value Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box is popped out to remind you select the cells that you want to convert to clickable hyperlinks, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button, the plain text URLs have been converted to active hyperlinks, see screenshot:
Here is a handy tool-Kutools for Excel, with its Convert Hyperlinks feature, you can quickly both convert a bunch of text URLs to clickable hyperlinks and extract real hyperlink addresses from hyperlink text string.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the cells contains the text URLs that you want to activate.
2. Then click Kutools > Link > Convert Hyperlinks, see screenshot:
3. In the Convert Hyperlinks dialog box, select Cell contents replace hyperlinks addresses option under the Convert type section, and then check Convert source range if you want to put the actual addresses to the original range, see screenshot:
4. Then click Ok button, and the text URLs have been activated at once, see screenshot:
Note: If you want to put the result to another cell instead of the original cell, please uncheck the Convert source range, and select a cell where you need to output the result from the Result range as following screenshot shown: