How to open a specific page of PDF document from Excel hyperlink?
When you link a cell to a PDF file, normally, you will go to the first page of the PDF file when you click to open the hyperlink. If you need to directly jump to a specific page of the PDF file by clicking the hyperlink, this article may do you a favor.
Please do with the following steps to finish this job:
1. Enter the file path, name and page number as a url in a cell that you want hyperlink from as this:
file:\\\C:\Users\DT168\Desktop\PDF file\Excel add-ins.pdf#page=10, see screenshot:
Note: You should change the file path, name and page number to your need.
2. Then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: link to a specific page of pdf file:
Sub linkpdfpage() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Shell ("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe " + ActiveCell.Value) End Sub
4. Then select the cell which locates the file path and name you have inserted, and press Run button to run this code, see screenshot:
5. And then the specific page of the PDF file has been opened with the Internet Explorer, see screenshot:
Convert multiple Excel files to PDF files:
May be, it is difficult for us to convert multiple workbooks to PDF files at once, but, with Kutools for Excel's Format Converter utility, you can quickly convert all selected Excel files to PDF files.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow can i make this code portable?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothe macro is not in effect if the VB window is closed. Then clicking the link opens the pdf directly. What am i doing wrong?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoSame problem here. running the macro works great but in the excel dont
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello, Chayan,sonihc,
Yes, you should open the specific page of the Pdf file by applying the VBA code, if you use this operation frequently, you can add a button to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar for this code.