How to open a specific page of PDF document from Excel hyperlink?
When you link a cell to a PDF file, normally, you will go to the first page of the PDF file when you click to open the hyperlink. If you need to directly jump to a specific page of the PDF file by clicking the hyperlink, this article may do you a favor.
Please do with the following steps to finish this job:
1. Enter the file path, name and page number as a url in a cell that you want hyperlink from as this:
file:\\\C:\Users\DT168\Desktop\PDF file\Excel add-ins.pdf#page=10, see screenshot:
Note: You should change the file path, name and page number to your need.
2. Then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: link to a specific page of pdf file:
Sub linkpdfpage() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Shell ("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe " + ActiveCell.Value) End Sub
4. Then select the cell which locates the file path and name you have inserted, and press Run button to run this code, see screenshot:
5. And then the specific page of the PDF file has been opened with the Internet Explorer, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!