How to open a specific page of PDF document from Excel hyperlink?
When you link a cell to a PDF file, normally, you will go to the first page of the PDF file when you click to open the hyperlink. If you need to directly jump to a specific page of the PDF file by clicking the hyperlink, this article may do you a favor.
Please do with the following steps to finish this job:
1. Enter the file path, name and page number as a url in a cell that you want hyperlink from as this:
file:\\\C:\Users\DT168\Desktop\PDF file\Excel add-ins.pdf#page=10, see screenshot:
Note: You should change the file path, name and page number to your need.
2. Then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: link to a specific page of pdf file:
Sub linkpdfpage() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Shell ("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe " + ActiveCell.Value) End Sub
4. Then select the cell which locates the file path and name you have inserted, and press Run button to run this code, see screenshot:
5. And then the specific page of the PDF file has been opened with the Internet Explorer, see screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow can i make this code portable?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agothe macro is not in effect if the VB window is closed. Then clicking the link opens the pdf directly. What am i doing wrong?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSame problem here. running the macro works great but in the excel dont
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHello, Chayan,sonihc,
Yes, you should open the specific page of the Pdf file by applying the VBA code, if you use this operation frequently, you can add a button to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar for this code.