How to quickly jump between two tabs in Excel?
If there are multiple sheets in a workbook, and you work at two sheets in the workbook which means that you need to toggle between these two tabs usually. Except to find the sheet by clicking at the left arrow and right arrow one by one, is there any tricks t quickly jump between two sheets?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you want to jump between two adjacent tabs, you can use shortcuts Ctrl + PgUp or Ctrl + PgDn to toggle tabs.
If you want to jump to the non-continues tab, you can enable the Activate window to help you.
1. Right click at the arrows in the status bar, and the Activate window pops out.
2. Choose the sheet name you want to jump, and click OK, then the sheet name you select will activate.
Note: If you are working in Excel 2010 or earlier versions, please right click the arrows in the status bar, and select the sheet you will jump to from the context menu. See screenshot:
If you are interested in macro code, I introduce a code which also can jump between two sheets.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module and paste below code to the blank module.
VBA: Jump between two tabs
Sub JumpBetween1() 'UpdatebyExtenoffice20161214 Application.ScreenUpdating = False If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then Worksheets("Sheet4").Activate Else Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate End If Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Click F5 key to run the code, then you will be always toggle between Sheet1 and Sheet4.
If you want to always jump between the last two used tabs in a workbook or across workbooks, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Navigation pane, it lists all sheets of the opened workbooks, and you can toggle between the last two activate sheets as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation pane.
2. Click Workbook & Sheet tab to go to the Workbook & Sheet section, and click button to switch between last and current sheets.