How to quickly jump between two tabs in Excel?
If there are multiple sheets in a workbook, and you work at two sheets in the workbook which means that you need to toggle between these two tabs usually. Except to find the sheet by clicking at the left arrow and right arrow one by one, is there any tricks t quickly jump between two sheets?
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
If you want to jump between two adjacent tabs, you can use shortcuts Ctrl + PgUp or Ctrl + PgDn to toggle tabs.
If you want to jump to the non-continues tab, you can enable the Activate window to help you.
1. Right click at the arrows in the status bar, and the Activate window pops out.
2. Choose the sheet name you want to jump, and click OK, then the sheet name you select will activate.
Note: If you are working in Excel 2010 or earlier versions, please right click the arrows in the status bar, and select the sheet you will jump to from the context menu. See screenshot:
If you are interested in macro code, I introduce a code which also can jump between two sheets.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module and paste below code to the blank module.
VBA: Jump between two tabs
Sub JumpBetween1() 'UpdatebyExtenoffice20161214 Application.ScreenUpdating = False If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then Worksheets("Sheet4").Activate Else Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate End If Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Click F5 key to run the code, then you will be always toggle between Sheet1 and Sheet4.
If you want to always jump between the last two used tabs in a workbook or across workbooks, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Navigation pane, it lists all sheets of the opened workbooks, and you can toggle between the last two activate sheets as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation pane.
2. Click Workbook & Sheet tab to go to the Workbook & Sheet section, and click button to switch between last and current sheets.