How to auto strikethrough based on cell value in Excel?
In Excel, we can apply the strikethrough to remove the unwanted cell contents manually, but, in this article, I will talk about how to auto strikethrough based on cell value. For example, I want to apply strikethrough for the row data based on the cell value in Column E, if the cell value is “N”, to apply the strikethrough automatically for the relative rows as following screenshot shown.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In fact, the Conditional Formatting feature in Excel can help you to finish this task as quickly as you can, please do as this:
1. Select the data range that you want to apply the strikethrough, and then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option in the Select a Rule Type list box, and then enter this formula: =$E2="N" into the Format values where this formula is true text box, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula: E2 and “N” are the cell and text value which you want to apply strikethrough based on, please change them to your need.
3. And then click Format button to go to the Format Cells dialog, under the Font tab, check Strikethrough from the Effects list box, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and now, when your entered value is the specific text “N”, the entire row data will be applied the strikethrough automatically, see screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI regularly wind up utilizing the strikethrough highlight in both Word and Excel to stamp things as finished. This component is genuinely clear in Word, as a strikethrough symbol shows up conspicuously on the Home tab in Word 2007 and later. Then again, in Excel this component doesn't have its own particular symbol, yet it has a console alternate route, Ctrl-5. However there's no worked in essay writing route for strikethrough in Word.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello everyone, I just have to say that this site is just amazing!
Much creative and extremely curricular website I have ever found while searching essay writing service on the Internet.
I am very satisfied with their work and inventory, everything looked very well and kept. I appreciate your work, keep up a great job.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis was a great help to me
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoUsing the instructions from this page (Auto strikethrough based on cell value with Conditional Formatting) I am trying to add the proper formula to a spreadsheet with the cell value being a check mark (instead of N like the example). Ultimately, what I am trying to do is this: When I double click column A1, it will automatically add a check mark in that cell. In addition to the check mark, it will perform auto-strikethrough on cells B1 and C1. Is it possible to accomplish this? I had no problem entering a rule to add a check mark to a cell by double clicking it. And I had no problem adding the conditional formatting in order to auto strikethrough text. What I cannot seem to figure out is how to combine the 2 efforts. I do not like the idea of Check boxes and have tried that route already.