How to auto strikethrough based on cell value in Excel?
In Excel, we can apply the strikethrough to remove the unwanted cell contents manually, but, in this article, I will talk about how to auto strikethrough based on cell value. For example, I want to apply strikethrough for the row data based on the cell value in Column E, if the cell value is “N”, to apply the strikethrough automatically for the relative rows as following screenshot shown.
In fact, the Conditional Formatting feature in Excel can help you to finish this task as quickly as you can, please do as this:
1. Select the data range that you want to apply the strikethrough, and then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option in the Select a Rule Type list box, and then enter this formula: =$E2="N" into the Format values where this formula is true text box, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula: E2 and “N” are the cell and text value which you want to apply strikethrough based on, please change them to your need.
3. And then click Format button to go to the Format Cells dialog, under the Font tab, check Strikethrough from the Effects list box, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and now, when your entered value is the specific text “N”, the entire row data will be applied the strikethrough automatically, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!