How to run macro by clicking hyperlinks in Excel?
Macro code may be very helpful for us to solve some complicated jobs in Excel, normally, we can execute it in the Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window by clicking Run button or pressing F5 key. But, have you ever tried to run the macros by clicking the relative hyperlinks in worksheet?
It may be interesting for us to trigger a macro by clicking a hyperlink in Excel, the following method can help you to achieve this task step by step:
1. Create hyperlinks that you want to use to execute the macro codes. Please click a cell and create a hyperlink to link to itself, see screenshot:
2. Repeat the above step to create other hyperlinks you want to use as following screenshot shown:
3. Then right click the sheet tab which contains the hyperlinks you want to use, and then choose View Code from the context menu, and in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Run macro codes from hyperlinks:
Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) If Target.Range.Address = "$B$6" Then Call Macro1 End If If Target.Range.Address = "$B$8" Then Call Macro2 End If End Sub
Note: In the above code, B6 and B8 are the cells contain hyperlinks you want to use, and Macro1 and Macro2 are the macro code names, please change them to your need.
4. Then save and close the code window, from now on, when you click the hyperlink, the specific macro code will be executed at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!