How to quickly create a hyperlink to specific worksheet in another workbook?
In Excel, we can create a hyperlink to a web address to quickly open the website by clicking, but have you ever tried to create a hyperlink to a specific worksheet in another workbook? In this article, you may find the solution.
To create a hyperlink to a sheet in another workbook, you can apply the Hyperlink function.
1. Select a cell which you want to place the hyperlink, and type the cell content as you need. See screenshot:
2. Then right click at the cell, and click Hyperlink form the context menu.
3. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog, click the Browse button to select a workbook you want to link from the Link to File dialog. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK to close the Link to File dialog, and click Bookmark button to specify a sheet of the workbook you want to link, also you can specify the cell you want to jump to in the Type in the cell reference text box. See screenshot:
5. Click OK, and if you need to display a screen tip, you can click SreenTip to specify the screen tip.
6. Click OK > OK to close the dialogs. Then the hyperlink has been created. When you click at the hyperlink, it will open the workbook and locate the specific cell of the sheet you link.
There is also a formula that can quickly create hyperlink to another workbook.
Select a cell which you are going to place the hyperlink, and type this formula =HYPERLINK("[C:\Users\DT168\Desktop\20161122.xlsx]overtime!B4","CLICK HERE") into the formula bar, and then press Enter. Now the hyperlink has been created.
If you want to create all hyperlinks of the workbooks in a folder, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Filename List utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Click Kutools Plus > Import & Export > Filename List. See screenshot:
2. In the Filename List dialog, do as below:
A: Select the folder you want to list its all files
B: Specify the file type you want to list
C: Specify the size unit as you need when list
D: Check the Creating hyperlinks option.
3. Click Ok, the linkable file names have been list in a new sheet.