How to quickly jump to the adjacent cell based on the selection in an Excel dropdown list?
Have you ever imaged to jump to the adjacent cell based on the selection in a drop down list in Excel? For instance, here I have a drop down list in cell C1 which includes the weekday names, column A is the list of dates, and column B is the list of times. Now when I choose a weekday name form the drop down list, for example, Thursday, the cursor jumps to B5 which is adjacent to the Thursday in column A. In Excel, there is no built-in feature to solve this task, but with the powerful VBA code can.
1. Select a day you want to use from the drop down list, then press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, paste below code to the Module.
VBA: Jump to adjacent cell based on value
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20161221 If Target.Address <> [C1].Address Then Exit Sub Else JumpToCell End If End Sub Sub JumpToCell() Dim xRg, yRg As Range Dim strAddress As String strAddress = "" Set yRg = Range("A2:A8") For Each xRg In yRg 'MsgBox Cell.Value If xRg.Value = ActiveCell.Value Then strAddress = xRg.Address End If Next If strAddress = "" Then MsgBox "The Day You Selected in Cell D4 Was Not Found On " & ActiveSheet.Name, _ vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Exit Sub Else Range(strAddress).Offset(0, 1).Select End If End Sub
3. Press F5 key, then the cursor jumps to the adjacent cell based on the value in drop down list.
In the VBA code, A2:A8 is the list which contains the values matching to the values in drop down list, you can change this reference as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!