How to create bulleted list in a cell or multiple cells in Excel?
In Word document, we can quickly create a bulleted list by using the Bullet utility, but how can you create a bulleted list in Excel? In this article, I will introduce the methods on quickly creating bulleted list in multiple cells or a single cell.
Insert multiple bullet/numbering in a range
|In Excel, you need to insert the bullets or numbering one by one, but with this handy tool, Kutools for Excel's Insert Bullet and Insert Nmbering utilities, you can quickly insert bullets or numbering |
to the selected cells at once.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To create a bulleted list in one single cell, you just need some shortcuts.
1. Select a blank cell that you want to create a bulleted list, and hold Alt key, press 0149 in the number tab, and then a bullet is inserted.
2. Then type the value you need, hold Alt key, press Enter key to go to next line in the cell. See screenshot:
3. Repeat above steps to create the values one by one.
If you want to create a bulleted list in multiple cells, you can apply the Format Cells utility.
1. Create a list of values in a column or row as you need.
2. Select the cells you have typed values, and right click to select Format Cells form the context menu.
3. In the Format Cells dialog, under the Number tab, choose Custom from the Category list, and go to Type textbox in right section, and hold Alt key, press 0149 on the number board to insert the bullet, then type @ into it. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And now each selected value has been inserted a bullet in the front.
With above methods, you need to remember the series numbers of the bullet when you want to insert it, however, here is a handy tool, Kutools for Excel, with its Insert Bullet feature can help you to insert multiple types of bullets as quickly as you can.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the values you want to insert bullets, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Bullet, then select one type as you need in the sub menu.
With Kutools for Excel, you also can insert numbering list as you need.