How to create bulleted list in a cell or multiple cells in Excel?
In Word document, we can quickly create a bulleted list by using the Bullet utility, but how can you create a bulleted list in Excel? In this article, I will introduce the methods on quickly creating bulleted list in multiple cells or a single cell.
Create bulleted list in a single cell by shortcuts
To create a bulleted list in one single cell, you just need some shortcuts.
1. Select a blank cell that you want to create a bulleted list, and hold Alt key, press 0149 in the number tab, and then a bullet is inserted.
2. Then type the value you need, hold Alt key, press Enter key to go to next line in the cell. See screenshot:
3. Repeat above steps to create the values one by one.
Create bulleted list in a column by Format Cells feature
If you want to create a bulleted list in multiple cells, you can apply the Format Cells utility.
1. Create a list of values in a column or row as you need.
2. Select the cells you have typed values, and right click to select Format Cells form the context menu.
3. In the Format Cells dialog, under the Number tab, choose Custom from the Category list, and go to Type textbox in right section, and hold Alt key, press 0149 on the number board to insert the bullet, then type @ into it. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And now each selected value has been inserted a bullet in the front.
Create multiple bulleted lists in a column by Kutools for Excel
With above methods, you need to remember the series numbers of the bullet when you want to insert it, however, here is a handy tool, Kutools for Excel, with its Insert Bullet feature can help you to insert multiple types of bullets as quickly as you can.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.