How to create bulleted list in a cell or multiple cells in Excel?
In Word document, we can quickly create a bulleted list by using the Bullet utility, but how can you create a bulleted list in Excel? In this article, I will introduce the methods on quickly creating bulleted list in multiple cells or a single cell.
Insert multiple bullet/numbering in a range
|In Excel, you need to insert the bullets or numbering one by one, but with this handy tool, Kutools for Excel's Insert Bullet and Insert Nmbering utilities, you can quickly insert bullets or numbering
to the selected cells at once.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To create a bulleted list in one single cell, you just need some shortcuts.
1. Select a blank cell that you want to create a bulleted list, and hold Alt key, press 0149 in the number tab, and then a bullet is inserted.
2. Then type the value you need, hold Alt key, press Enter key to go to next line in the cell. See screenshot:
3. Repeat above steps to create the values one by one.
If you want to create a bulleted list in multiple cells, you can apply the Format Cells utility.
1. Create a list of values in a column or row as you need.
2. Select the cells you have typed values, and right click to select Format Cells form the context menu.
3. In the Format Cells dialog, under the Number tab, choose Custom from the Category list, and go to Type textbox in right section, and hold Alt key, press 0149 on the number board to insert the bullet, then type @ into it. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And now each selected value has been inserted a bullet in the front.
With above methods, you need to remember the series numbers of the bullet when you want to insert it, however, here is a handy tool, Kutools for Excel, with its Insert Bullet feature can help you to insert multiple types of bullets as quickly as you can.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the values you want to insert bullets, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Bullet, then select one type as you need in the sub menu.
With Kutools for Excel, you also can insert numbering list as you need.