How to display only rows with certain text in Excel?
In Excel, the Filter function is used widely in our daily work. And in this case, I introduce how to filter rows with certain text in Excel. For instance, here are two columns, and I want to show the rows which contain “KTE” in column B only as below screenshot shown.
Show rows contain a specific string by Filter function
To display rows that contain a string, you can do as below:
1. Select the ranges you use, and click Data > Filter to enable the Filter function.
2. Then click at the filter icon on the column you want to filter on, and select Text Filters > Contains. See screenshot:
3. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog, you can specify the text you want to filter based on. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Then only the rows which contain the text string you specified are displayed.
Show rows contains a specific string by Kutools for Excel
If you usually use the same filter criteria across workbooks, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Super Filter function, it can save the filter settings for reusing easily with only several clicks, without reconfiguring it repeatedly.
4. Then click Save current filter settings button , then a dialog pops out for you to give this scenario a name, and specify the scenario applying range.
5. Click OK, and you can open the scenario by clicking the drop-down menu > Open saved filter settings scenario to select the current saved scenario, or clicking Manage filter settings scenarios button , select the specified filter setting you want, and then click Open to enable the filter settings next time.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.