How to display only rows with certain text in Excel?
In Excel, the Filter function is used widely in our daily work. And in this case, I introduce how to filter rows with certain text in Excel. For instance, here are two columns, and I want to show the rows which contain “KTE” in column B only as below screenshot shown.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To display rows that contain a string, you can do as below:
1. Select the ranges you use, and click Data > Filter to enable the Filter function.
2. Then click at the filter icon on the column you want to filter on, and select Text Filters > Contains. See screenshot:
3. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog, you can specify the text you want to filter based on. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Then only the rows which contain the text string you specified are displayed.
If you usually use the same filter criteria across workbooks, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Super Filter function, it can save the filter settings for reusing easily with only several clicks, without reconfiguring it repeatedly.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the data you want to user, click Enterprise > Super Filter. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Super Filter pane, check Specified to fix the filtering range, and specify the criteria as you need in the pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Filter to filter the range.
4. Then click Save current filter settings button , then a dialog pops out for you to give this scenario a name.
5. Click OK, and you can click Manage filter settings scenarios button , select the specified filter setting you want, and then click Open to enable the filter settings next time.