How to display only rows with certain text in Excel?
In Excel, the Filter function is used widely in our daily work. And in this case, I introduce how to filter rows with certain text in Excel. For instance, here are two columns, and I want to show the rows which contain “KTE” in column B only as below screenshot shown.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To display rows that contain a string, you can do as below:
1. Select the ranges you use, and click Data > Filter to enable the Filter function.
2. Then click at the filter icon on the column you want to filter on, and select Text Filters > Contains. See screenshot:
3. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog, you can specify the text you want to filter based on. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Then only the rows which contain the text string you specified are displayed.
If you usually use the same filter criteria across workbooks, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Super Filter function, it can save the filter settings for reusing easily with only several clicks, without reconfiguring it repeatedly.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the data you want to user, click Enterprise > Super Filter. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Super Filter pane, check Specified to fix the filtering range, and specify the criteria as you need in the pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Filter to filter the range.
4. Then click Save current filter settings button , then a dialog pops out for you to give this scenario a name.
5. Click OK, and you can click Manage filter settings scenarios button , select the specified filter setting you want, and then click Open to enable the filter settings next time.