How to fill series or formula to a specific row without dragging in Excel?
As we known, we can drag the fill handle down right to fill series or formula as we need. But if there are hundreds of cells needed to be filled by dragging, that must be not a easy job. Here I introduce some tricks on filling series or formula to a specific row without dragging in Excel.
1. Select a cell and type the first number of the series.
2. Click Home > Fill > Series.
3. In the Series dialog, if you want to fill cells in a column, check Columns, if not, check Rows, in Type section, check Linear, and in the buttom of the dialog, specify the step value and stop value as you need.
4. Click OK. The sereis has been filled.
Fill formula without dragging with Name box
If you want to fill formula without dragging fill handle, you can use the Name box.
1. Type the formula in the first cell you want to apply the formula, and copy the formula cell by pressing Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Go to the Name box, and type the range reference you want to apply the formula, press Enter key to select them. See screenshot:
3. Then press Ctrl + V keys together to paste the copied formula to the selected cells, and press Enter key. Now the cells have been apply the same formula.
If you want to apply a same formula to a range or a colum values, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Operation utility to quickly solve it as below screenshot shown, It’s full function without limitation in 30 days, please download and have a free trial now.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.