How to fill series or formula to a specific row without dragging in Excel?
As we known, we can drag the fill handle down right to fill series or formula as we need. But if there are hundreds of cells needed to be filled by dragging, that must be not a easy job. Here I introduce some tricks on filling series or formula to a specific row without dragging in Excel.
1. Select a cell and type the first number of the series.
2. Click Home > Fill > Series.
3. In the Series dialog, if you want to fill cells in a column, check Columns, if not, check Rows, in Type section, check Linear, and in the buttom of the dialog, specify the step value and stop value as you need.
4. Click OK. The sereis has been filled.
If you want to fill formula without dragging fill handle, you can use the Name box.
1. Type the formula in the first cell you want to apply the formula, and copy the formula cell by pressing Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Go to the Name box, and type the range reference you want to apply the formula, press Enter key to select them. See screenshot:
3. Then press Ctrl + V keys together to paste the copied formula to the selected cells, and press Enter key. Now the cells have been apply the same formula.
If you want to apply a same formula to a range or a colum values, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Operation utility to quickly solve it as below screenshot shown, It’s full function without limitation in 30 days, please download and have a free trial now.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)