How to fill series or formula to a specific row without dragging in Excel?
As we known, we can drag the fill handle down right to fill series or formula as we need. But if there are hundreds of cells needed to be filled by dragging, that must be not a easy job. Here I introduce some tricks on filling series or formula to a specific row without dragging in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
1. Select a cell and type the first number of the series.
2. Click Home > Fill > Series.
3. In the Series dialog, if you want to fill cells in a column, check Columns, if not, check Rows, in Type section, check Linear, and in the buttom of the dialog, specify the step value and stop value as you need.
4. Click OK. The sereis has been filled.
If you want to fill formula without dragging fill handle, you can use the Name box.
1. Type the formula in the first cell you want to apply the formula, and copy the formula cell by pressing Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Go to the Name box, and type the range reference you want to apply the formula, press Enter key to select them. See screenshot:
3. Then press Ctrl + V keys together to paste the copied formula to the selected cells, and press Enter key. Now the cells have been apply the same formula.
If you want to apply a same formula to a range or a colum values, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Operation utility to quickly solve it as below screenshot shown, It’s full function without limitation in 60 days, please download and have a free trial now.