How to apply spell check in textbox?
We can easily apply the Spelling function to spell check the text string from a cell, but this feature is not applied to the textbox for spelling check. In this article, I will talk about how to apply the spell check in a textbox.
To spell check the text string in a text box, the below VBA code may do you a favor:
1. First, please insert a textbox by clicking Developer > Insert > Text Box (ActiveX Control), and drag to draw a textbox, see screenshot:
2. Then, please exit the Design Mode to enter the text string into the textbox as you need, after typing the text, go on enabling the Design Mode, and right click the textbox to select View Code from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. In the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please replace the original code with the following VBA code into the Module.
VBA code: Apply spell check in textbox:
Sub SpellChkRvw_Click() Dim xObject As Object Dim xCell As Range On Error Resume Next Set xCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(ActiveSheet.Rows.Count, ActiveSheet.Columns.Count) If ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Count > 0 Then For Each xObject In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects xCell = xObject.Object.Text xCell.CheckSpelling , , , 1033 xObject.Object.Text = xCell Next End If End Sub
4. And then press F5 key to run this code, the Spelling dialog box is enabled at once, then, you can use the Spelling function to spell check the text into textbox as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!