How to sum up values from textboxes?
Supposing, you have three text boxes which you want to sum the values in Textbox1 and Textbox2, and calculate the result automatically into Textbox3 as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this job in Excel?
To sum up values from two textboxes and get the result into the third textbox, the following VBA code may help you.
1. First, you should insert three textboxes, click Developer > Insert > Text Box (ActiveX Control), and then draw a textbox, and make two copies, see screenshot:
2. After inserting the textboxes, right click the sheet tab which contains the textboxes you want to use, and click View Code from the context menu to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and then copy and paste the following VBA code into the blank module:
VBA code: Sum up values from textboxes:
Private Sub Sum_Click() TextBox3.Text = Val(TextBox2.Text) + Val(TextBox1.Text) End Sub
3. Then type the values into Textbox1 and Textbox2, and then press F5 key or Run button to execute the code, the calculated result is displayed into Textbox3 immediately, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!