How to move data from column(s) to row(s) or vice versa in Excel?
In this article, I am going to talk about how to move data from column(s) to row(s) in Excel. If you are interested in this job, please go to below for details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, if you want to move data from one column to a row or vice versa, you can use the Paste Special function.
Select the column(s) you want to move to row(s), and press Ctrl + C keys together to copy the selection, and select a cell you want to place the result, and right click to show the context menu, and click Paste Special > Transpose. See screenshot:
If you want to move data from column(s) to row(s), you can apply the Transform Range utility of Kutools for Excel to quickly convert one column to one row or multiple rows, or convert one row to one column or multiple columns.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the data you need to convert, and click Kutools > Range > Transform Range. See screenshot:
2. In the Transform Range dialog, check the Transform type as you need, and if you want to change the single column/row to a range, you also need to specify the number of Rows per record. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to choose a cell to place the data.
4. Click OK. The result is shown as below:
If you want to convert a cross table to a list table, or vice versa, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Transpose Table Dimensions utility.
Select the table you want to transpose dimensions, and click Kutools > Range > Transpose Table Dimensions. Next in the popped out dialog, check the Transpose type as you need, specify the table range you want to convert, and choose the location you want to place the new table. See screenshot:
Then click Ok.