How to quickly tab between text boxes in Excel?
In Excel, we can press Tab key to go to the next adjacent cell on the right. But, if there are some textboxes which I want to toggle among one by one, the Tab key cannot work. Is there any way to toggle between text boxes by pressing Tab key in an Excel sheet?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you cannot tab between text boxes except using a VBA code.
1. Go to the Sheet tab bar at the bottom, right click at the sheet tab which contains text boxes you want to tab, and click View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, paste below code to it.
VBA: Tab between text boxes
Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As _ MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer) If KeyCode = vbKeyTab = 1 Then TextBox2.Activate End Sub
3. Save and close the window to go back the sheet, and then select the whole text box which you want to tab first, and then press Tab key to go to the next text box.
In Excel, the most common operation in toggle is to toggle between two sheets, and if you have Kutools for Excel, you can quickly and easily toggle between two sheets by its Navigation pane function.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation Pane, then click Workbook & Sheet tab to go to the Workbook & Sheet section. See screenshot:
Then click button to switch between current sheet and last used sheet. See screenshot: