How to quickly tab between text boxes in Excel?
In Excel, we can press Tab key to go to the next adjacent cell on the right. But, if there are some textboxes which I want to toggle among one by one, the Tab key cannot work. Is there any way to toggle between text boxes by pressing Tab key in an Excel sheet?
In Excel, you cannot tab between text boxes except using a VBA code.
1. Go to the Sheet tab bar at the bottom, right click at the sheet tab which contains text boxes you want to tab, and click View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, paste below code to it.
VBA: Tab between text boxes
Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As _ MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer) If KeyCode = vbKeyTab = 1 Then TextBox2.Activate End Sub
3. Save and close the window to go back the sheet, and then select the whole text box which you want to tab first, and then press Tab key to go to the next text box.
In Excel, the most common operation in toggle is to toggle between two sheets, and if you have Kutools for Excel, you can quickly and easily toggle between two sheets by its Navigation pane function.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation Pane, then click Workbook & Sheet tab to go to the Workbook & Sheet section. See screenshot:
Then click the Switch between last and current sheetbutton to switch between current sheet and last used sheet. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!