How to quickly split cell into a table in Excel?
Here are some cells in a sheet, each one of the cells contains several values, and now, I want to split the cells into a range as a table as below screenshot shown. Is there any tricks on solving this job in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you can use the Text to Columns function to split cell into multiple columns.
1. Select the cells you want to split into a table, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the Text to Columns dialog, check one option as you need to split cell by, if you want to split cells by delimiters, check Delimited, if split by a fixed width, check Fixed width. See screenshot:
3. Click Next to go on, and check the delimiter you want to split based on in the Step 2 of 3 Wizard, see screenshot:
If you check Fixed width in step 2, you can click at the place of the string where you want to split at in the Step 2 of 3 Wizard. See screenshot:
4. Click Next, and to specify the destination of the table you want to place in Step 3 of 3 Wizard. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish. Then the cells have been split into a table.
With the Text to Columns function, the steps are troublesome, if you are interested in add in, you can try the Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, which can quickly split cell into table.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you want to split, and click Kutools > Text > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog, specify the Type and Split by sections as you need, then click Ok to select a cell to place the outputting table. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And the cells have been split into table.
Split to Columns
Split to Rows