How to quickly split cell into a table in Excel?
Here are some cells in a sheet, each one of the cells contains several values, and now, I want to split the cells into a range as a table as below screenshot shown. Is there any tricks on solving this job in Excel?
In Excel, you can use the Text to Columns function to split cell into multiple columns.
1. Select the cells you want to split into a table, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the Text to Columns dialog, check one option as you need to split cell by, if you want to split cells by delimiters, check Delimited, if split by a fixed width, check Fixed width. See screenshot:
3. Click Next to go on, and check the delimiter you want to split based on in the Step 2 of 3 Wizard, see screenshot:
If you check Fixed width in step 2, you can click at the place of the string where you want to split at in the Step 2 of 3 Wizard. See screenshot:
4. Click Next, and to specify the destination of the table you want to place in Step 3 of 3 Wizard. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish. Then the cells have been split into a table.
With the Text to Columns function, the steps are troublesome, if you are interested in add in, you can try the Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, which can quickly split cell into table.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you want to split, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog, specify the Type and Split by sections as you need, then click Ok to select a cell to place the outputting table. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And the cells have been split into table.
Split to Columns
Split to Rows
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!