Here are some cells in a sheet, each one of the cells contains several values, and now, I want to split the cells into a range as a table as below screenshot shown. Is there any tricks on solving this job in Excel?
In Excel, you can use the Text to Columns function to split cell into multiple columns.
1. Select the cells you want to split into a table, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the Text to Columns dialog, check one option as you need to split cell by, if you want to split cells by delimiters, check Delimited, if split by a fixed width, check Fixed width. See screenshot:
3. Click Next to go on, and check the delimiter you want to split based on in the Step 2 of 3 Wizard, see screenshot:
If you check Fixed width in step 2, you can click at the place of the string where you want to split at in the Step 2 of 3 Wizard. See screenshot:
4. Click Next, and to specify the destination of the table you want to place in Step 3 of 3 Wizard. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish. Then the cells have been split into a table.
Split cell into a table with Split Cells
With the Text to Columns function, the steps are troublesome, if you are interested in add in, you can try the Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, which can quickly split cell into table.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.