How to autosave Excel file after data entering?
Sometimes, the Excel workbook will be crashed accidentally after updating or entering multiple data, and the newly entered data will be lost. This may make us crazy, so, here, I will talk about auto saving the Excel file after data entering to avoid this accident.
Auto save the Excel file after data entering with VBA code
The following VBA code can help you to save the Excel file automatically after entering or updating data in a worksheet, please do as this:
1. Right-click the sheet tab that you want to autosave the workbook after entering new data, and then choose View Code from the context menu, in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Autosave Excel file after entering data:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:AA1000")) Is Nothing Then
Note: In the above code, A1:AA1000 is the cell range which you want to apply this code.
2. And then save and close this code window, now, when you update or enter new data into the specific worksheet cells, the workbook will be saved automatically without clicking Save button.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!