How to increase or decrease the font size with shortcut key in Excel?
In Excel, of course, you can change the font size from the Font Size drop down list, but, if you want to increase or decrease the font size just by using some shortcut keys, how could you solve it in Excel?
Here are some shortcut keys for you to increase and decrease the text font size of the selected cell(s), please do as this:
Increase the font size, please press Alt+H keys together, and then press FG keys on the keyboard;
Decrease the font size, please press Alt+H keys together, and then press FK keys on the keyboard.
If the above shortcut keys are difficult to remember, here you can create your own handy shortcut keys. Please do with the following steps:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Increase or decrease the font size with custom shortcut keys:
Sub MakeBigger() Selection.Font.Size = Selection.Font.Size + 1 End Sub Sub MakeSmaller() Selection.Font.Size = Selection.Font.Size - 1 End Sub
3. After inserting the code, then save and close the window, and click Developer > Macros, see screenshot:
4. In the popped out Macro dialog box, select the MakeBigger macro in the list box, and then click Options button to go to the Macro Options dialog box, specify a shortcut key to increase the font size into the Shortcut key section, see screenshot:
5. And then click OK, go on select MakeSmaller macro from the list box, and then click Options button to go to the Macro Options dialog box, specify a shortcut key to decrease the font size into the Shortcut key section, see screenshot:
6. Then click OK and close the Macro dialog, now, when you press Ctrl + O, the selected cell font size will be increased, and when pressing Ctrl + P, the font size will be decreased as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!