How to quickly check if a sheet is empty in Excel?
If there are some empty sheets in a huge workbook, how can you quickly check if a sheet is empty in the workbook, then delete them? In Excel, there is a built-in function to determine if a sheet is empty or not, but here, I introduce a VBA code to you to check if a sheet is empty.
To check if a sheet is empty, you can use below macro code to quickly determine if a sheet is blank.
1. Enable a sheet you want to check if is empty, press Alt + F11 key to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and click Insert > Module to create a new Module.
2. In the blank script, paste below macro code to it. See screenshot:
VBA: Check if a sheet is empty
Sub CheckSheetEmpty() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170830 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(ActiveSheet.UsedRange) = 0 And ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count = 0 Then MsgBox "Sheet is empty", vbInformation, "KuTools For Excel" Else MsgBox "Sheet is not empty", vbInformation, "KuTools For Excel" End If End Sub
3. Save the code and press F5 key to run the code, and a dialog will pop to remind you that the sheet is empty or not.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!