How to quickly check if a sheet is empty in Excel?
If there are some empty sheets in a huge workbook, how can you quickly check if a sheet is empty in the workbook, then delete them? In Excel, there is a built-in function to determine if a sheet is empty or not, but here, I introduce a VBA code to you to check if a sheet is empty.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To check if a sheet is empty, you can use below macro code to quickly determine if a sheet is blank.
1. Enable a sheet you want to check if is empty, press Alt + F11 key to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and click Insert > Module to create a new Module.
2. In the blank script, paste below macro code to it. See screenshot:
VBA: Check if a sheet is empty
Sub CheckSheetEmpty() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170830 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(ActiveSheet.UsedRange) = 0 And ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count = 0 Then MsgBox "Sheet is empty", vbInformation, "KuTools For Excel" Else MsgBox "Sheet is not empty", vbInformation, "KuTools For Excel" End If End Sub
3. Save the code and press F5 key to run the code, and a dialog will pop to remind you that the sheet is empty or not.
Create List of Sheet Names
|The Kutools for Excel's Create List of Sheet Names utility can quickly create a new sheet with list of clickable sheet names as below screenshot shown.|