How to use macro to insert row below table in Excel?
It is common for us to add blank rows at the bottom of a specified table in order to expand the table and add new content. This article is talking about using a macro to insert a new row below a specified table and keep the formula of the above cell in Excel.
Please do as follows to insert a blank row below a specified table with macro.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module to open the Module window. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the window.
VBA code: use macro to insert a blank row below a specified table
Sub AddRows() 'Updated by Extendoffice 2017/9/12 Dim xLastRow As Long Dim xRg As Range Dim xAddress As String On Error Resume Next xAddress = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select the table range you will insert blank row below:", "KuTools For Excel", xAddress, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xLastRow = xRg.Row + xRg.Rows.Count xRg.Rows(xLastRow).FillDown xRg.Rows(xLastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).ClearContents End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. And a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up, please select the certain table range you will add a blank row below, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see a new blank row is added at the bottom of the specified table. And formula in above cell is also reserved in the newly inserted row as below see screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!