How to change color if two cells are not equal in Excel?
There are two lists in a sheet which you need to compare and then change the row color if the two adjacent cells are not equal as below screenshot shown, have you any good methods to handle this job in Excel?
1. Select two list you compare if equal to each other, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog, choose Use a formula to determine which cells to format, and type this formula =$A1<>$B1 into the Format values where this formula true. Then click Format to open Format Cells dialog, and select one color under Fill tab. See screenshot:
3. Click OK > OK. Then the cells will be colored if the two cells are not equal to each other.
If you want to select and color cells if not equal to each other, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Select Same & Different Cells utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the two lists separately by holding Ctrl key. See screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Select > Select Same & Different Cells, in the popping dialog, check Each row and Different cells options, and check Fill backcolor or Fill font color options as you need, select one color you want. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, a dialog pops out to remind you how many different cells have been selected and highlighted. Click OK to close the reminder dialog. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!