How to check spelling one by one or automatically in Excel?
In Word, it will automatically correct the words if you are spelling wrong, but how about Excel? Have you ever spelled wrong unconsciously in Excel? In this tutorial, I tell you how to check spelling in Excel.
To check spelling one by one and correct them, you can apply the Spelling function.
1. Click Review > Spelling, see screenshot:
2. In the Spelling dialog, the wrong spelling will be displayed in the Not in Dictionary box, and then there are some suggestions in the below list for your choosing. You can ignore it or change it in the right section. See screenshot:
If you want to automatically correct the wrong spelling, you can specify the AutoCorrect Options.
1. Click File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options. See screenshot:
2. In the AutoCorrect dialog, check the options as you need. See screenshot:
3. If you usually spell a word in a specific wrong spelling, you can type the wrong spelling in Replace text box, and type the correct one in the With text box, and click Add > OK > OK to close the dialogs, now the word will be automatically corrected to honey while you typing honay after pressing Enter key See screenshot：
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!