How to remove whitespace after text in Excel?
In some cases, there may be some useless whitespaces leaving behind text strings in cells as below screenshot shown, and here I will talk about how to remove the useless whitespaces from strings.
There are some formulas for different conditions.
Remove trailing whitespace =TRIM(LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-1))&""""
Remove extra whitespace =TRIM(A2)
If you want to remove all whitespaces, select the cell you use, press Ctrl + H to enable Find and Replace dialog, type a space in the Find what text box, and leave nothing in Replace with text box.
Click Replace, and then the spaces in the cell have been removed.
If you have Kutools for Excel, the Remove Spaces utility can do you a nice favor.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you use, click Kutools > Text > Remove Spaces. See screenshot:
2. In the Spaces Type section of the dialog, you can check the option as you need, then click Ok to finish. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!