- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoThis is a huge tip to make this formula work. Just wish I understood WHY
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThat's because it's an array formula and to enter array formula, you need to press Ctrl-Shift-Enter after typing them.
How to find the max length in an Excel column?
Here I introduce the method to find the max length and the relative value in Excel column.
Here is a formula that can quickly find the max length in a column.
Select a blank cell which will output the result, type this formula =MAX(LEN(A1:A63)) (A1:A63 is the range you use if you want to use a column, change it to A:A), and press Shift+ Ctrl + Enter keys together. See screenshot:
If you want to find the max length and the relative value, please do as below:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
1. Type =LEN(A1) in to B1 to count the total number of characters in Cell A1, and then drag autofill handle down to get the number of characters in each cell. See screenshot:
2. Keep the formula cells selected, and click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Min Value. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Cells With Max & Min Value dialog, select Formula Cells Only in the Look in drop-down list, and check Maximum value, Cell and All cells options. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok, and the max length has been selected, and press < or > key to select the relative value.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoI found out that to make it work, you need to go to formula box and press ctrl + shift + enter.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months ago=MAX(LEN(A1:A63)) returns length of A1 in Excel 2016
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis doesn't work in Excel 2016. I wish there were a date on the page. I know how to find the length in each cell and then find the max of that. I was hoping to find the maximum length using a single formula.