How to autofill weekdays exclude weekends in a list of Google sheet?
In Microsoft Excel, we can easily fill weekdays only and exclude the weekends by using AutoFill Options. But, in Google sheet, there is no feature for us to fill weekdays as quickly as in Excel. How could you deal with this task in Google sheet?
In Google sheet, you can apply the following formula to fill weekdays only as you need.
1. Please type the first date you want to start, and then enter this formula below the first date cell: =A2+IF(WEEKDAY(A2)>5,3,1), see screenshot:
2. Press Enter key and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to fill the weekdays, and only serial weekdays are filled into the column as following screenshot shown:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis was helpful for me in creating Working Hours Logs. Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis is super helpful. Would you be able to give a little more information about how to manipulate this formula? For example, I only want to fill Mondays and Wednesdays. Is this possible?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi, Clayton,
To only fill Mondays and Wednesdays into a list of cells, you should do as this:
First, enter the date which is Monday or Wednesday in cell A1, and then copy the below formula into cell A2, then drag the fill handle down to your need:
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoIs it possible to use this with an arrayformula across a horizontal row? I tried it but having some issues.
=arrayformula(if(COLUMN(C13:Z13), IF(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(C13:Z13),COLUMN(C13:Z13)-1)), INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(C13:Z13),COLUMN(C13:Z13)-1)) + IF(WEEKDAY(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(C13:Z13),COLUMN(C13:Z13)-1)))>5,3,1), -1
) , -2))