How to extract numbers only from text strings in Google sheet?
If you want to extract only numbers from a list of text strings to get the result as following screenshot shown, how could you achieve this task in Google sheet?
The following formula can help you finish this job, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =SPLIT( LOWER(A2) ; "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz " ) into a blank cell where you want to extract the numbers only, and then press Enter key, all the numbers in Cell A2 have been extracted at once, see screenshot:
2. Then select the formula cell, and drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and all numbers have been extracted from each cell as following screenshot shown:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...