- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHello,
If there are some other punctuation marks and non-Latin characters in your text strings, you can apply this formula to extract the numbers only:
Hope it can help you, thank you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothank you? it works
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoproblem when you have two string of numbers in the text.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi santhosh，
Yes, as you said, this formula only can extract all the numbers into one cell.
If you have any other good formulas, please comment here.
How to extract numbers only from text strings in Google sheet?
If you want to extract only numbers from a list of text strings to get the result as following screenshot shown, how could you achieve this task in Google sheet?
Extract numbers only from text strings in Excel worksheet:
With Kutools for Excel’s EXTRACTNUMBERS function, you can quickly extract only numbers from the text string cells in Excel worksheet.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following formula can help you finish this job, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =SPLIT( LOWER(A2) ; "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz " ) into a blank cell where you want to extract the numbers only, and then press Enter key, all the numbers in Cell A2 have been extracted at once, see screenshot:
2. Then select the formula cell, and drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and all numbers have been extracted from each cell as following screenshot shown:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agothis is useful, but doesn't fully solve my problem. When I use this formula, punctuation marks and non-Latin characters are also treated as numbers. Is the best way around this to expand the list of characters in the quotation marks as currently written? My approach for now has been to try and clean the data of any existing punctuation, but the stuff written in Cyrillic is necessary information that I cannot remove.