How to spell out month of date in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to display the month number of date as name text. This article will show you methods of spelling out the month of date in Excel in details.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can specify the cell formatting to spell out the month of date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select and right click the date cells you need to spell out the month, then click Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Custom in the Category box under the Number tab, then enter mmmm,dd yyyy into the Type box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all months in selected date cells are spelled out as below screenshot shown.
You can extract month as name text from specified date cells with a formula. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the extracted month, then enter formula =TEXT(A2,"mmmm") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, A2 is the cell contains the date you need to spell out month name.
2. Select the first result cell, drag the Fill Handle down to get all month names. See screenshot:
The Apply Date Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to easily spell out month of date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the list contains the date you need to spell out month, and then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, please select 14/March/2001 in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then monthes of all selected dates are spelled out immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!