How to spell out month of date in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to display the month number of date as name text. This article will show you methods of spelling out the month of date in Excel in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can specify the cell formatting to spell out the month of date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select and right click the date cells you need to spell out the month, then click Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Custom in the Category box under the Number tab, then enter mmmm,dd yyyy into the Type box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all months in selected date cells are spelled out as below screenshot shown.
You can extract month as name text from specified date cells with a formula. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the extracted month, then enter formula =TEXT(A2,"mmmm") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, A2 is the cell contains the date you need to spell out month name.
2. Select the first result cell, drag the Fill Handle down to get all month names. See screenshot:
The Apply Date Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to easily spell out month of date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the list contains the date you need to spell out month, and then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, please select 14/March/2001 in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then monthes of all selected dates are spelled out immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!