How to reverse the first name and last name within cells in Google sheet?
Supposing, you need to reverse a list of first names and last names within cells in Google sheet as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this task as quickly as possible?
The following formula may help you to reverse the first and last names within a cell, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =MID(A2&" "&A2,FIND(" ",A2)+1,LEN(A2)) into a blank cell where you want to put the result, and then press Enter key to get the first result, see screenshot:
2. Then select it and drag the fill handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula, and all first names and last names have been reversed at once, see screenshot:
If you want to finish this job in Microsoft Excel, Kutools for Excel’s Reverse Text Order feature can help you a lot.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the list of names you want to reverse. And then click Kutools > Text > Reverse Text Order, see screenshot:
2. In the Reverse Text dialog box, choose the separator between the names you used under the Separator section and click Ok button, the select cells of first names and last names have been reversed immediately, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!