How to create Outlook distribution list from an Excel file?
Supposing you received an Excel file which contains a list of new customers’ email addresses, and now you need to group all of these email addresses to a single Outlook contact group. How to achieve it? A method in this article can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To create Outlook distribution list from an Excel file, please do as follows.
1. Select and copy all email addresses in the worksheet you need to create a distribution list based on.
2. Launch your Outlook application and shift to the Contacts view. Then click New Contact Group under the Home tab. See screenshot:
3. In the Contact Group window, please click Add Members > From Outlook Contacts under the Contact Group tab.
4. In the Select Members: Contacts dialog box, press the Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste all copied email addresses into the Members -> box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Then all email addresses are added into the Contact Group window, please name the contact group in the Name box, and then click the Save & Close button. See screenshot:
Now an Outlook contact group is created with specified email addresses in an Excel file.