How to make header row follow when scroll down worksheet in Excel?
Making header row follow when scrolling down worksheet helps to make reading easier in a large data worksheet. This article introduces two methods of making header row follow in one worksheet as well as in all worksheets of current workbook.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This section will introduce the Freeze Panes function of Excel to make header row follow when scrolling down the worksheet.
1. Shift to the worksheet you need to make header row follow, select cell A2 (or the first cell under your header row), and then click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Panes. See screenshot:
If your header row locates on the top of the worksheet, please click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Rows directly. See screenshot.
Now the header row is frozen. And it will follow the worksheet up and down while scrolling the worksheet.
This section will show you the Freeze panes multiple worksheets utility of Kutools for Excel to make all header rows follow in all worksheets. Please do as follows.
1. Select cell A2 (or the first cell under your header row) in any worksheet, then click Enterprise > Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
Then all header rows are frozen in all worksheets of current workbook.
For canceling the freeze panes, please click Enterprise > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets as below screenshot shown.