How to open a specific Word document through Excel?
This article is talking about opening a specific Word document through Excel.
To open a specific Word document through Excel, please do as follows.
1. In Excel workbook, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Open a specific Word document through Excel
Sub automateword() Set wordapp = CreateObject("word.Application") wordapp.documents.Open "C:\Users\DT168\Desktop\KTW\test.docx" wordapp.Visible = True End Sub
Note: In the code, please change C:\Users\DT168\Desktop\KTW\test.docx to the path of the document you need to open automatically in Excel.
3. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run the code.
Then the specified Word document will be opened automatically.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!