How to show an input box when clicking on a cell in Excel?
If you want to pop up an input box for data entry when clicking on a cell in a specified range in Excel. The methods in this article can help.
Please do as follows to show up an input box when clicking on a cell in Excel.
1. Shift to the worksheet where you want to display the input box, right-click the sheet tab and click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. Then the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops up, please copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Show up input box when clicking on a cell in Excel
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim xRtn As Variant If Selection.Count = 1 Then If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:B")) Is Nothing Then xRtn = Application.InputBox("Insert your value please", "KuTools For Excel") If xRtn <> False Then Target.value = xRtn End If End If End Sub
Note: In the code, B:B is the specified range in which the input box will show up. Please change it according to your needs.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. When clicking on any cell in column B, a Kutools for Excel input box will pop up. Please enter content and then click the OK button. See screenshot.
Then the content is inserted into the selected cell immediately.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools > Bigger Formula Bar to enable the feature. See screenshot:
2. When clicking a cell, an input box will pop up, you can enter data into the input box to directly fill the cell.
Note: If a cell already contains data, the contents of that cell will be displayed in the input box when the cell is clicked, and you can view, add and delete the content in the window.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!