How to quickly convert a text file to excel file with delimiter?
Have you ever tried to convert a text file to an Excel file with delimiters? In this article, I am going to talk about the methods of solving this problem.
To convert a text file to a sheet, you can use the Open utility in Excel.
1. Click File > Open > Browse. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Open dialog, select Text Files in the drop-down list next to the File name, and select the text file you use. See screenshot:
3. Click Open, and in the Text Import Wizard dialog, check Delimited option and click Next to check a delimiter you use to split the text and go on clicking Next to specify the format you use. See screenshot:
4. Click Finish, and a new sheet of a new workbook has been created with the texts.
If you want to import a text file to a specific range of a sheet with a delimiter or without delimiter as you need, you can try the Insert File at Cursor utility of Kutools for Excel to solve this task.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a cell where you will place the imported text file contents, and click Kutools Plus > Import & Export > Insert File at Cursor. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert File at Cursor dialog, click Browse to show Select a file to be inserted at the cell cursor position dialog, select Text Files from the drop down list next to File name, choose one file you need, and click Open. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, then the text file has been inserted into the placed cell without delimiter.
IF you want to split the text into cells with a delimiter, select the texts and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
Then check the options as you need in Type and Split by sections. See screenshot:
Click Ok to select a cell to place the texts.
Click OK to finish.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!