To convert a text file to a sheet, you can use the Open utility in Excel.
1. Click File > Open > Browse. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Open dialog, select Text Files in the drop-down list next to the File name, and select the text file you use. See screenshot:
3. Click Open, and in the Text Import Wizard dialog, check Delimited option and click Next to check a delimiter you use to split the text and go on clicking Next to specify the format you use. See screenshot:
4. Click Finish, and a new sheet of a new workbook has been created with the texts.
Import a text file to a sheet with or without delimiter
If you want to import a text file to a specific range of a sheet with a delimiter or without delimiter as you need, you can try the Insert File at Cursor utility of Kutools for Excel to solve this task.
1. Select a cell where you will place the imported text file contents, and click Kutools Plus > Import & Export > Insert File at Cursor. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert File at Cursor dialog, click Browse to show Select a file to be inserted at the cell cursor position dialog, select Text Files from the drop down list next to File name, choose one file you need, and click Open. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, then the text file has been inserted into the placed cell without delimiter.
IF you want to split the text into cells with a delimiter, select the texts and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
Then check the options as you need in Type and Split by sections. See screenshot:
Click Ok to select a cell to place the texts.
Click OK to finish.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.