How to shift down cells and paste copied values in Excel?
In Excel, the copy and paste function may be usually used in your daily work, and so is the insert blank rows operation. But if you want to copy and paste the cells above a specific range as below screenshot shown, you may need to insert blank rows firstly and then copy and paste the cells generally which may be a bit troublesome. In this article, I will tell you a quick method to shift down the cells and directly paste the value.
Shift down cells and copy
Shift down cells and copy
Here is a function called Insert Copied Cells in Excel, which can quickly insert the copied values above the selected cell.
1. Select the cell values you want to copy and insert above other cells, and press Ctrl + C to copy it. See screenshot:
2. Then go to the first cell of the range you want to insert the copied values above, right click to show the context menu, and choose Insert Copied Cells. See screenshot:
3. Then check Shift cells down option in the Insert Paste dialog (If you want to insert the copied values in the left of the range, check Shift cells right option), and click OK. See screenshot:
Now the copied values have been inserted.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!