How to shift down cells and paste copied values in Excel?
In Excel, the copy and paste function may be usually used in your daily work, and so is the insert blank rows operation. But if you want to copy and paste the cells above a specific range as below screenshot shown, you may need to insert blank rows firstly and then copy and paste the cells generally which may be a bit troublesome. In this article, I will tell you a quick method to shift down the cells and directly paste the value.
Here is a function called Insert Copied Cells in Excel, which can quickly insert the copied values above the selected cell.
1. Select the cell values you want to copy and insert above other cells, and press Ctrl + C to copy it. See screenshot:
2. Then go to the first cell of the range you want to insert the copied values above, right click to show the context menu, and choose Insert Copied Cells. See screenshot:
3. Then check Shift cells down option in the Insert Paste dialog (If you want to insert the copied values in the left of the range, check Shift cells right option), and click OK. See screenshot:
Now the copied values have been inserted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!