How to avoid rounding errors while calculating in Excel?
In sometimes, while you calculating some formulas in Excel, the result may be wrong because of the rounding as below screenshot shown. And how to avoid rounding errors while calculating in Excel?
To avoid rounding errors while calculating, you can set the decimal place as you need.
1. Select the cells which contain formulas, and then right-click to select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Number tab, and select Number from the Category list, then in the right section, type a number into the Decimal places textbox until the correct result displaying in the Sample section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the calculated results have been displayed correctly.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!